View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 07:13 PM   #1
Wizper_F32
tre fo nickel G4NG
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435i

Help needed w/ n55 strange whining turbine sound

I have a strange turbine sound coming from the engine bay of my F32 2015 435i (n55) when decelerating. It sounds like a helicopter just after it turns its engines off. The noise starts at around 30mph 2,000rpm and is most audible when I’m slowing to a stop.
I tried to record a video/audio file of the sound but it’s hard to hear. U can hear it best at the beginning of the video and the last few seconds at the end of the video.
I’ve read other posts where they are having the same issue but there are no conclusions to what it is. Most of them are saying it’s an alternator pulley and I’ve read others saying it’s a bearing in the transmission.
I recently installed a plumb back turbosmart BOV and I’m concerned that the sound is my turbo being stressed/failing.
Any input would be helpful. I’m going to grab a scanner and try and get some codes read. My JB4 is saying it cannot successfully display codes right now and I’m stressing out. Let me know what u think the sound is please. Thanks,
- Wiz

https://youtube.com/shorts/S8kywG2p3...IQ3TFIAqTyFA5M