View Single Post
      02-25-2024, 07:19 PM   #8
Walrad
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbirdblack View Post
My chain snapped arround 120k Kms. The car developed cold start rattling noise for about 15 seconds when it was arround 90k. I completely ignored it. Mine also 2012 model year.

At 127k kms now, egr and dpf started throwing some codes. Also thinking of removing them with stage 1 remap.
That is a bummer! Did it damaged the enige alot? I always listen to the engine while driving and starting it, luckily I haven't heard anything like that so far. I hope I never hear it either! Lol! I try to change the oil as often as possible, max 15k, not a 1 km more. But so far I have changed the oil before that! I think that will help preventing the chain to snap!

If the car is throwing codes, then you should delete them. I had some issues with the egr and was a hassle and not the least costly to fix it. I did stage 1 without deleting the egr and dpf because they are working fine so far. I might delete the egr if it gives me more problems. The dpf delete is hassle, at least for me here in Norway, I need to get downpipe, and every second year to "approve" the car here in Norway I need to fit back the old dpf. I don't want that hassle..
Appreciate 0