speedbirdblack
Private
Sri Lanka
Rep
Drives: f30 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrad View Post
That is a bummer! Did it damaged the enige alot? I always listen to the engine while driving and starting it, luckily I haven't heard anything like that so far. I hope I never hear it either! Lol! I try to change the oil as often as possible, max 15k, not a 1 km more. But so far I have changed the oil before that! I think that will help preventing the chain to snap!

If the car is throwing codes, then you should delete them. I had some issues with the egr and was a hassle and not the least costly to fix it. I did stage 1 without deleting the egr and dpf because they are working fine so far. I might delete the egr if it gives me more problems. The dpf delete is hassle, at least for me here in Norway, I need to get downpipe, and every second year to "approve" the car here in Norway I need to fit back the old dpf. I don't want that hassle..
Yes. It did damage the engine quite a lot. Head, engine block, crank and pistons were only usable parts.
Everything else has been replaced.
I changed oil every 10k kms from the day one.
Used Catrol fully synthetic early days and switched to Shell fully synthetic latter part.

However my occasional spirited driving style must have contributed or accelerated to the jeopardy.

Not deleting dpf make sense in your case.
However I have a strong feeling that egr and dpf has a correlation.