F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > xDrive All-Wheel Drive Discussions > XDelete- the answer to XDrive?
proTUNING Freaks

06-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #441
Sigtran
Private
Serbia
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYTSOUT View Post
According to them, they have every single iteration of xDrive software for every single version of F3x. When you download the app to your phone, it recognizes your VIN and uses the appropriate OEM xDrive version (which they supposedly have on file) for your particular car.
That would mean that when app downloaded to phone, it actually HAVE all possible versions of xDrive and all VINs (???) in app already, since during connecting to vehicle, internet connection is disabled. A bit hard to believe, but...

Anyhow, it would be great if RBT could clearly confirm your understanding above that during flashing xDelete is selecting and using appropriate OEM xDrive SW according to actual car VIN - or if not true, then how/which xDrive SW for AWD mode are they flashing into car.

Last edited by Sigtran; 06-07-2020 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #442
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigtran View Post
That would mean that when app downloaded to phone, it actually HAVE all possible versions of xDrive and all VINs (???) in app already, since during connecting to vehicle, internet connection is disabled. A bit hard to believe, but...

Anyhow, it would be great if RBT could confirm your statement above that during flashing xDelete is selecting and using appropriate OEM xDrive SW according to actual car VIN.
They literally just explained it.

You have to connect to internet first then disable it when flashing xDelete. All the versions of xDrive is stored on their servers, so they can tell through your VIN and by connecting to the internet what version you have.

I've been using this since they first released it and put a decent amount of mileage already, I flashed xDrive back on during winter as it snows a ton here, and at the moment I've flashed xDelete and I'm currently RWD. What more do you want?
      06-08-2020, 02:32 AM   #443
PBR91
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d xDrive

Hi,

xDelete works fantastic with my old tyres. Now i bought some M403 Wheels with Falken Azenis FK510 with DOT 11/2018, they are in very good condition.
But i keep getting lots of traction loss/ESP (DTC/DSC, dont know what it is called in US/UK/etc.) interference. The ESP light flashes all the time below 100 km/h. I just installed my worn out winter tyres and i have almost no issues. At least none that are not expected with that torque and only AWD.

With esp turned COMPLETELY off there are no particular issues.

My new wheels do not have Tyre Pressure sensors yet and the error message is present: Tyre Pressure System (dont know the correct english BMW term) not working blablabla.

Could this be an issue? Meaning that the ESP interferes with traction for safety reason since the car does not know if the tyres have the correct pressure in them?

Thanks

EDIT: According to the dealership the issue is because of the missing sensors.

Last edited by PBR91; 06-08-2020 at 04:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 12:07 PM   #444
delorean175
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Msport, 1982 E28 528e

I've stumbled on this thread after reading about people having multiple transfer case failures. Makes me nervous. Very interesting info here. I wonder if anyone has put substantial mileage on their cars using Xdelete. In theory if you wanted to actually convert your car to RWD you could probably use Xdelete as a way to keep the dash from lighting up like a christmas tree. The question is (sorry I didn't read through all 21 pages to see if this has been answered) does traction control still work when Xdelete is enabled and does the car truly function as if it was RWD?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #445
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
my traction control still works and I can get the back end to slide.

i've only got 2000 miles with it so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 02:17 PM   #446
kilogram
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean175 View Post
The question is (sorry I didn't read through all 21 pages to see if this has been answered) does traction control still work when Xdelete is enabled and does the car truly function as if it was RWD?
Yes and yes. I changed my torque presets in xHP to RWD from AWD because the back tires would spin as soon as the turbo spooled up in 1-3 with the DSC off. With it on, it still intervenes (sometimes too aggressively for my tastes). It's much better behaved with the proper torque presets. I can still spin them if I want to, but it's much easier to feed power on without spinning them.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 07:42 AM   #447
FK8Dub
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i xDrive

Am I the only one who wants to try this out in the winter? I don’t believe the performance will make too much of a difference unless you’re really driving hard. We get a ton of snow in my area in the winter and I wanna turn off xDrive to have some fun...
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #448
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

There is no added performance.
I would be curious as well to try in the winter. But I absolutely love the xDrive, so this will always remain my preferred option.
      06-24-2020, 11:25 PM   #449
obeeone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i xDrive

Garage List
Xdelete and Thor Wi-Fi adapter question. Been having a lot of issues with my enet cable and lightning adapter with xdelete not recognizing even though I run through all the steps I have for months now. Might just be a bad cable now. Anyway I decided to just try my Thor adapter to see if it would work and of course it wont flash with it, but weirdly enough I can read the live data, see and clear codes etc. Just curious if anyone else has tried or noticed this?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 02:25 AM   #450
RBT-Tuning
Austria
Rep
Drives: A lot of BMWs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeeone View Post
Xdelete and Thor Wi-Fi adapter question. Been having a lot of issues with my enet cable and lightning adapter with xdelete not recognizing even though I run through all the steps I have for months now. Might just be a bad cable now. Anyway I decided to just try my Thor adapter to see if it would work and of course it wont flash with it, but weirdly enough I can read the live data, see and clear codes etc. Just curious if anyone else has tried or noticed this?
Yes, Thor works for everything, except flash. Flash can only work through ENET connection.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #451
motoring_101
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D X-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
You can do it from esys.

"You can just change with ESYS module DSC > 3000 > C_Funktion_LaengsMomentVerteilung_aktiv_e > aktiv to nicht_aktiv
After you code this you will have RWD car WITH traction control, which can be turned off"

The traction light will stay on, but you will have a RWD car.
Hi, does anyone know if this can done through Bimmercode, I have looked through the expert modes and can't see the option mentioned here.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #452
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F33 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoring_101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
You can do it from esys.

"You can just change with ESYS module DSC > 3000 > C_Funktion_LaengsMomentVerteilung_aktiv_e > aktiv to nicht_aktiv
After you code this you will have RWD car WITH traction control, which can be turned off"

The traction light will stay on, but you will have a RWD car.
Hi, does anyone know if this can done through Bimmercode, I have looked through the expert modes and can't see the option mentioned here.

Thank you
No unfortunately not. You don't have access to that module.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #453
bambozo
Rep
Drives: f30

Hello!
I have a few question.
I have f30 x-drive. I am thinking about buying this app because quite a lot of f30 users have problems with VTG transfer case and repair is quite expensive.
So if I turn off x-drive with x-delete app than VTG transfer case cant brake? Because If I understand correctly all the parts in the VTG transfer case are still turning so how will this increase the chances that VTG wont break?

VTG usualy breaks because not all tyres are the same sizes or some tyres are more used than others or different pressure in tyres and than x-drive detects that you are on slippery surface and than x-drive is constantly adapting between front and rear tyres. So if front-wheel drive is turned off than it shouldnt break because it doesnt adapt between front and rear tyres.
So on 1 hand it is logical it cant break because there is no adaption between front and rear it is only rear.
But on other hand it seems it can still break because all parts are still moving in the transfer case thats why I am a bit confused.
Thanks for your response.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 01:56 AM   #454
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

You are looking at it wrongly. The clutches are open, which means that the transfer case is in reality inactive, even if there is movement within it. This means there is no wear on it and no risk for it breaking. HOWEVER, what the long-term effect over the oil and components in the case is if it is not used for very long time (many KMs) is unknown.

I personally see no reason to disable something just because it may hypothetically break..... everything can break. What's next to disable - your turbo?
      06-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #455
bambozo
Rep

But I read in this thread that xdelete only disables the clutch and the gears inside are still rotating.
Because they still advising regular maintainance (changing oil) in transfer case.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 08:58 AM   #456
bambozo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post

I personally see no reason to disable something just because it may hypothetically break..... everything can break. What's next to disable - your turbo?
I would just like to disable it through the summer because I have M package and I have different width of tires in the front than in the back and VTG may break even faster because of that.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #457
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Staggered wheels is standard out of factory for M Sport and completely safe! I have different width as well (225 vs 255), out of factory. This has absolutely no effect over the transfer case. It is only the circumference that matters. You will find various threads about it here. There is a recommended maximum difference which you need to obey.

Don't get me wrong - not saying the ability to switch between RWD and AWD is silly. Just saying that doing it for the wrong reasons is.
Reducing wear on the transfer case could be one of many reasons, but shouldn't be the driving reason.
      06-30-2020, 11:37 AM   #458
LYTSOUT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58 F30 xDrive 6MT

I finally pulled the trigger on xDelete this weekend. Installation/flash was very straightforward. The car definitely feels and drives differently in RWD. It's been raining the last few days so I've had lots of opportunity to play around with various settings (comfort/sport, with/without DSC, etc).

In full disclosure, I also had a catless DP installed last week and flashed to Stage 2 this weekend at the same time as I flashed xDelete so lots of exciting changes were made at the same time...so that may cloud my perspective a bit.

Anyway, so far, so good. Oh, btw, DSC functionality is most definitely preserved. Very little wheel spin with DSC on in Comfort/Sport. Little bit more wheel spin with DSC loosened-up in Sport +. And TONS OF WHEELS SPIN with DSC completely disabled (especially in the rain)
-PCA Instructor #201804533
-B58 F30, 6MT, M Sport, M Perf Exhaust, Dinan Springs, BM3 Stg 1
-My B58 F30 Build Thread https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1981176
-My F80 Build Thread https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1757458
-My N55 F30 Build Thread https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1739248

Last edited by LYTSOUT; 06-30-2020 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 12:43 PM   #459
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

ALERT!

A couple of users have now gotten their transfer cases bricked by XDelete, requiring full reprogramming (by a BMW dealership or other third party). RBT appear unable to help for the time being. Be aware of this.
(As feared - xDelete for F3x does not appear mature enough yet).

Don't kill the messenger.
Attached Images

06-30-2020, 01:16 PM   #460
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
ALERT!

A couple of users have now gotten their transfer cases bricked by XDelete, requiring full reprogramming (by a BMW dealership or other third party). RBT appear unable to help for the time being. Be aware of this.
(As feared - xDelete for F3x does not appear mature enough yet).

Don't kill the messenger.
I saw that post, this guy has flashed xDelete literally everyday.

Doing non-stop flashing, and the fact that it has to clutch calibrate every time, will brick something. He says it's over 30 times he's done it, maybe more.
      06-30-2020, 01:27 PM   #461
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

True. But note that he is not the first and not the only one with this problem.

I doubt all of them flashed 30+ times and even so - where does it say you should not and how often you can...
      06-30-2020, 03:27 PM   #462
bambozo
Rep

I have 1 more question. The problem that this guy has it seems it is just software based. So if he would go to bmw service to install original software again it would work just fine?
Appreciate 0